I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Irina over at El Petit Taller. Thank you Irina!
If you’ve never heard of this award before, it is for fledgling bloggers like myself and is a way for them to get to know others, get more followers and discover other blogs that they might like!
To accept the award there are a few rules to follow:
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Comment on their page to tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
- No Tag Backs!!!
These are the questions Irina has asked me:
1. what person do you most admire? My Mum! I admire her for many reasons, not least for her courage, her boundless energy and her capacity to always put others before herself. She has taught me the value of family, friendship and love.
2. what’s on your bedside table right now? A reading lamp and a photograph of me and my son when he was about 4 years old (he is 19 now).
3. what’s your favorite cooking recipe? I have a really sweet tooth, so my favourite recipe is for Mary Berry’s Lemon Drizzle Cake. It’s super easy – plop everything into a bowl and mix! Never fails – yum!
4. is there a sewing book you would recommend? The first sewing book I ever referred to was ‘The Sampler Quilt Book’ by Lynne Edwards. It was the perfect introduction to patchwork and quilting! I also like Strips & Strings by Evelyn Sloppy.
5. what’s your favorite journey? Home. My favourite journey always leads me home.
I would like to nominate these lovely blogs for a Liebster Award:
- Lucy the Happy Quilter
- Once Upon a Time in the North
- Sew Vintage Emporium
- Pink Stitches
- Tizzy Crafts
- Adventures in Thread
- Rose & Dahlia
- Everyday I’m Stitchin’
And these are my questions for them:
- Sweet or savoury?
- A few really good friends or lots of acquaintances?
- City girl or country?
- Morning person or night owl?
- What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favourite smell?
- What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?
- What qualities do you most treasure in a friend?
- How did you choose a name for your blog?
- Is there such a thing as ‘enough’ fabric?
Now for some random facts about me:
- I cannot walk in heels to save my life
- As a teenager, I once fell asleep on a bus – standing up!!
- I lived in Cyprus for 3 years from the ages of 3 to 6
- I went to a total of 14 different schools when I was growing up
- My favourite chocolate is Lindor by Lindt
- I love to bake
- 24 years ago I had a holiday romance and I’m still married to him!
- I am a self confessed fabric stroker
- My favourite book is ‘The Secret Life of Bees’ by Sue Monk Kidd
- I love the sight of bluebells in the woods, so beautiful!
- I have a miniature Yorkshire Terrier called Beebo
Now all that’s left for me to do is to pop over to my chosen blogs and let them all know that I have nominated them for this wonderful award! But before I do, I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures of a quilt I made from the ‘Strips & Strings’ book I mentioned earlier.
Happy stitching everyone!